Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thing #5 Microblogging

I would consider myself a Microblogging veteran. I have been using Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, etc for several years now. I know several teachers on my campus who use Facebook in their classroom and love it. For those kids that always lose their notebook and can't remember what their homework assignment was for the day, well Facebook/Twitter solve that problem. Teachers can post their assignments on a classroom page or the students can chat amongst themselves through the chat feature. Teachers can also TWEET assignments for the students to follow. Students can also upload or post assignments for completion. Back-channeling in the form of wikipedia can be used by students while brainstorming a topic for a research paper or with gathering and organizing information for a paper/project. By utilizing types of microblogging like wikipedia, students can work together at school and at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment