Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thing #10 Virtual Worlds

Up to this point, I would have to say that virtual worlds is my least favorite. Honestly, for me, it was almost a waste of time, but for a kids this might be interesting. I work in a low-income area, so something like this might be a way that one of my students could enjoy another life, their dream life/world, and take them away from their reality for just a moment. Second Life wasn't the easiest to use. I learned how to use most of the features of my avatar by talking with other avatars in the virtual world. For me, I would rather interact with others and learn from others in the real world/actual world around me. I am a big video gamer but I just could not see myself spending much time on this type technology.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. This was a huge waste of time. I didn't see anything educational about it even when I went where I was supposedly supposed to go. I also encountered people being very inappropriate and I don't want my students exposed to anything like that. I think we all learn more from face to face interactions.

    ReplyDelete